Where did I get these capscrews?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where did I get these capscrews?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

I seem to be having an attack of oldtimers today. I don't recall where I got them. 5/16-24 x 3/4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

ring gear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Yup! What Stan said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Of course! I wasn't thinking rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Your camera takes great macro shots! Whadja do? Set it down? I wiggle so bad...
Hmmm, your bolts are threaded further up than Dallas' bolts, have rounded ends and have a lot of wear marks/nicks on the heads and the threads on that one on the right look a bit "iffy"...
OK, different time frames/makers for the bolts...
OR
Those bolts were all turned down, threaded and parted off with lathes. Mmmmm, machines. Mmmmm. :-)
Eh hem. They didn't do much head/thread forming back then did they? I'm back to Earth now. Whew.
I got nothin'

WAIT!
I just ain't buying it. What you got up your sleeve? ONE cryptic post from you on another thread... :-)
Ruxtell?
Naughty yellow speedster with 3 to 1's?
TT?
Aeroplane?
Just ribbin' ya.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Duey, I noticed the same thing. Was wondering if it was different years also. If you notice the one bolt with rust on it in my pic is the same as Steves.
Steve??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

I removed one bolt from a ring gear and it is an exact match

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:08 am:

I took apart a bunch of rear axles, mining for parts. I have no idea what year these are, but I expect the details vary by year and/or by supplier.

My minor special project is an experiment involving a Ford factory method. Pictures in a week or two, I hope.

That close-up of the capscrews is cropped. Here's the uncropped version.

And yes, I have to use a tripod for stuff like that or I'd blur it for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Arty

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration