Intro to my Model TT project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Intro to my Model TT project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Just wanted to say hi and share a couple pics of my 1925 and 1926 Model TTs. I helped my grandfather get the Green 26 back in shape before he passed. It's got a Chicago auxiliary transmission and still retains its original motor matching the frame number.

The project, I got it in Statesville, NC back in 2000, when I was in the military in GA. The truck runs and has a Ruxtell 2 spd rear ended. It's been in and out of storage for the last few years and looks like I'm going to get started on it finally. It's missing the brake shoes and ruxtell shifter, but the shift rod is there. It's got the wrong radiator on it right now, but I have the original off to get a couple tubes fixed.

Just wanted to say hello from Arthurdale, WV and look forward to learning from everyone on here. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

1925 Model TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Welcome Mathew. Really interested in seeing the TTs but no pics here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Matt sent a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Let's try this again. My 1925 Model TT Project and my running 1926 Model TT.

1925 Model TT

1926 Model TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Matt ,great TT,. I have a 26 with Martin Parry wood cab. Thats this summers project. The forum is the place to be for anything T. Thanks for posting pics. Keep us updated from WV.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Thanks Dallas and Tom I responded to your PM. I'm looking forward to heading over to the swap meet in Luray in March and the one in Marietta, OH. Both are within about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me. Hope to pick up some parts and have a productive TT summer now that I have a job, where I have enough time at home to get something done. Just wish my grandad was still here to help. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Its not the same as having your grandad aroud,but there are plenty people that will take the time to look up info or post pics and explain from years of experience how to get the job done. All you have to do is ask. Great bunch here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

The only thing worse than one TT is MORE than one ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Welcome Matt, looks like you have a great start! Jim Derocher, AuGres, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

What a great TT. Very cool project. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Those are great pictures Matthew. It's always fun to see these projects. I hope you are enjoying the Forum.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Great project Matt. I have a 25 TT with a Ruckstell also. It gets more attention than any of my T's out in public. Bikers love the darn thing. Also, if you can't find shoes, I might have some in my pile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:35 am:

Matt, I don't want to say too much for Dallas, but he will have a lot of TT parts come this spring. :-) He may be able to help you out with some parts. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:49 am:

Matt , Dave is right. I dont even know what all I will have . If your looking for something let me know. Remember Burgers statement. I think it a sickness. Beware!!! I will be making a trip to Daves around the 1St of April to get alot of goodies and 2 TTs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Welcome to the forum Matt. I see lots of TT fun in your future :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Love the green Matthew. Glad I'm not the only one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Very nice, good to see another on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Holman on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

The photo of the green truck show the front springs to be almost flat, just like the ones in my TT. Time to re-arch them ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

The tire-to-fender clearance is really small too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration