Looking forward 1913-14 Ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking forward 1913-14 Ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Or just striking a pose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

It's a '14, round corners on doors. He wants to make sure you hear him - hand Klaxon and the bulb horn is still in place too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Great picture Herb. It shows that I have chosen the proper color scheme for my '14. !0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Rich, is that one of your special paint jobs, like the wheels you showed a while back ? Please tell us about it. (Looks mighty good!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Running the smaller Prest-O-Lite "E" Tank.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Rich, I am sanding the loose rust off. Then Por 15 inside the panels. The outside I daub gloss and flat black tractor enamel on randomly. When dry I scotch-brite mud and thick rusty water on randomly. While not permanent it does last quite a while and mother nature improves on it as time goes by. It is mostly just playing around but it does preserve it some.

These black and white photos are good reference as to patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

I really like how this turns out !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Thanks Rich. I might mention that this is not the treatment I would use on a pristine 1914 body. The condition of the sheet metal on this car was beyond what I could restore to like new condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Richard E,
I think it is wonderful that you take parts like that and resurrect a nice car out of them. I can see in the photos that you started with something considerably worse than my '15 runabout was. But you are winding up with something that looks like it was better than my car was!
Nice!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Richard, they dont make a paint brush to fix that. That takes talent! How many times did they run over it to get a touring that flat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Thanks Wayne and Dallas. I found the discussion of straightening out that left quarter panel and thought it might be fun to see again. If this had not been a '14 body it would still be on the rock pile.

I didn't mean to run away with Herb's thread but sure enjoyed the picture.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/480687.html?1411349997

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:48 am:

Do you think the numbers on the radiator represents the license plate?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration