Baker accessory wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Baker accessory wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

I just got a set of Baker wheels,with rims and there is a gap between the metal wheel rim and the tire rim. There is only rim to rim contact at the bolt areas. Should there be a filler or ring or something there? Otherwise it will fill up with mud. Photos will be appreciated. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Tom,

If I understand you correctly, it sounds normal. It looks like this, correct?:
baker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

John, thanks for the image. The only contact is at the clamp. From clamp to clamp along the rim there is a gap on on side, the other side does have full contact I believe. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

You could always fill it with mud FIRST, and THEN clamp it. Familiar mud
is always better than STRANGE mud !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

I have Baker rims on a 1913 Buick and the lug bolts are similar to what is shown in John's picture. Our 1915 Oakland Baker rims uses a different bolt...without the sleeve below the head. The rims on our cars are for straight side tires. I would assume yours are clinchers. Are they split rims with the 5 hole tie plate as shown?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Tom, I'd love to see a picture of the wheels - I haven't seen a Baker set for Model Ts. Do they have five lugs, as some of the early ones did, or six?

Verne, the Baker rims for our 1915 Cartercar are as you described for your 1915 Oakland. We still need two more Baker wedges and some of those bolts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:04 am:

John,
I can't say that I have any extra lugs and/or bolts but I'll keep an eye out.
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:04 am:

Verne - thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Baker 30x 3 1/2 rim, replaces the earlier diagonally split. Nice rim $100 domestic shipping $30

a

b

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration