1915 Touring question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1915 Touring question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Looking for some advice on how the rear side panel is attached just aft and below the rear doors?? Is it done with screws, bolts or rivets? Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

I believe it is attached with nails. It is nailed through from the underside into the wood sill. The side panel is attached to the rear panel with screws into a common block that is screwed to the wood sill plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

More photos of the block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Thanks David, I will take a look at my car tomorrow. Appreciate your help. Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration