Turlock swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Turlock swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Well, it's that time again. We are loading up for the Turlock meet. I have been threatening for years to give up on it but the family and friends we get together there with prevail upon me to keep it up. Last year was the first time in years I made money at the meet, only because I was lucky enough to bag a pair of 1912 rear end housings and resell them quite well. So there are still T goodies at Turlock, you just have to look. This year will my father and my 40th consecutive trip there, so why stop now?
Come see us at GG59-64 and we'll talk model T's and other stuff. I will have a Long Beach veteran LaRue Thomas Gemsa racing head available for sale or conversation. Fastest pushrod T head ever made. Same as the one we race on the Wild Cherry II. We will also have a brass speedster there at entry level bargain pricing. This is the one we had on the Bakersfield swap meet tour last year, #4. Also known as 4play. Lots of fun for the money. Hope to see some T guys there, come and visit with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:26 am:

We will be in building 2 in the corner near the roll up door facing building 1. We will have most of the parts we manufacture available, and a few other odds and ends. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:54 am:

After attending annually since 1970, I just can't make it there any more. Not enough T parts, parking problems and generally too much other stuff. But I miss the valley fog and soggy January atmosphere. Bakersfield and Auburn are my focus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

The last time I went it took two hours from the freeway off-ramp to the parking lot. We were in the right-hand lane so we could turn when it came time, but lots of folks were zooming past us in the left lane, then turning in anyways. No one there to prevent that illegal and selfish move. Every year there's a traffic jam, why haven't they fixed that with some traffic control???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Haven't been since I was a youngster but memories
Fun times

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Got back, had a good time. At this point it is really just a camping trip to hang out with other car people and see friends we have made there. I sold enough to pay for the gas and dinner on the way home at the roadhouse. What I did sell went because it was cheap. Only way to sell most T stuff. Best buy I saw there was a 1914 wooden cab pickup that looked real nice, had a Ruckstell, Rocky brakes and correct speedometer. Correct front end and lights, nice 1914 Ca. plates. Tour ready, asking 14K owner told me 12 would drive it out of there. Don't think it sold. No money being spent. Getting hard to justify the six spots I use at fifty buck a pop to park my rig. I am looking forward to Chickasha and Bakersfield for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:33 am:

I've always parked on the old 99 in town. Never a problem, and only two blocks to the gate. Haven't gone for two years now. Hardly any T stuff there any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Erik seeing you soon and got the room booked for bakersfield and drop a line on Auburn swap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Bob are. You staying next to the crystal place (buck Owens place? This is where we always try to stay

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration