Old photo - 1915 T stuck in snowy Canadian plains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - 1915 T stuck in snowy Canadian plains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:10 am:

Winter wasn't much fun in 1915 either. OK, I'd rather be stuck in snow in Saskatchewan than dodging bullets in a trench in France, but still..
Odd style of side curtains - maybe that's the way they looked in Canadian production?

snow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:58 am:

He's keeping warm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:46 am:

Those side curtains look like accessory ones I have seen. They concertina along a cable stretched from front to back. Instead of removing them, they were pushed aside on the cable to allow entry/egress.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:58 am:

15/17 Canadian parts book, I'd say factory ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

doesn't seem like enough snow to get her stuck in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Wet snow that is subjected to very cold temps will crystalize . It is crusty on top and like ice powder under top layer. I drove my 05 HD 4x4 into a field for a snowmobile accident and could go nowhere in 8 inches of snow in winter of 2013. That same winter I drove through snow up to my waste for a 1/2 mile to get home. The snow in the pic looks crusty by the shovel full. I bet if they wrapped some rope on rear wheels it would help. If he gets it started will help also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Got a hunch the lady's fur coat cost more than the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

That's a lady ?!? I thought it was a bear !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration