Happy Australia Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Happy Australia Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Happy Australia Day to our friends down under!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:54 am:

G'Day, mates!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

OK,
I'll be the first Aussie to say "THANK YOU".
All the others are probably getting over their drunken BBQ's and parties.
I spent the day in my shed working on my speedster project. Fitted up the firewall, hood former, radiator and hood. I cut the hole for the steering column and got the deck located squarely.
A good days work, me thinks.
Cheers,
Rob

(Message edited by rob patterson on January 26, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

More on Australia Day.
The 26th January marks the day that the "1st Fleet" of convicts arrived in Sydney Cove in 1788.
Each year there are more and more protests by a noisy minority. The problem is that these protests are getting more and more press and their case is getting stronger. Their case is that this day represents "White Invasion Day" and consequently they want it changed.
Yesterday there were flags burned, violent protest marches and general nastiness, all by a very noisy minority......but filling our TV screens in the evening.
The only other real date we could celebrate a national day would be the 1st January which is when all the states became Federated under the one constitution in 1901. But celebrating that on New Years day, would remove a holiday from the party scene.....NOT ON.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

It was a typical Australia Day here in Perth. HOT, 42 Deg.

Cooking steak on our outside BBQ for the family was a challenge!
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Rob, thanks for the short bit on Australian history, sounds strikingly familiar. Does sound like you enjoyed a very Happy Australia Day.

G'Day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Hi Rob,

I threw back a cold VB in honor of Australia Day! NOT! No VB in several years...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:57 am:

G'Day David......Mate,
Perhaps you should spend a warm to hot Christmas down here, sitting on a beach (just a couple of miles from where I live,) sucking on a stubby or two. I'm escaping our winter to Glacier, Yellowstone and Dearborn/Detroit this July.
I hope you're well.
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration