Model tt, solid rubber read tires and a cowl-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model tt, solid rubber read tires and a cowl-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Locally there is a truck like this that has a car body added to the TT frame. The owner tells of his dad getting the roadster body from a junk yard and adding it to the truck frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:08 am:

It was frightening when I first glanced at that photo. I though what the heck is the enormous load on the back of that truck. Then I figured it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

So Rick, is it a well drilling machine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

I assume the truck is parked in front of an oil drilling rig. Nothing is actually on the bed of the truck. You can see chains stretched out across the flat bed.

Or it might be yet another time-travel picture. That guy has one hand on the steering wheel and he is looking down at a cell phone in his other hand. Maybe he said, "Beam us up." They look like they are starting to fade out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

During the 1918-1927 production run of TT s, 95% were sold as chassis only. Even after CCab and Enclosed Cab bodies came out in '24 and '25 respectively. After a time period it became popular to add roadster and cut off touring bodies to working TTs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

The wood cab on my '18 TT is just about shot. I've considered replacing it with a roadster body. I think it would make a great looking truck.

On the other hand, my wood cab has looked about the same for 60 years. At the current rate of deterioration I think it's probably good for another 125-150 years. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration