Does anyone know how much a compete engine weighs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Does anyone know how much a compete engine weighs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest W O'Keane on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

does anyone know how much a complete model T engine weighs. I need to get a new chain hoist and wondered what size would be best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

I'd guess 500lbs. I'd use a 1/2 ton hoist, though. No sense in cutting it too close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Myself i like the CM 1 ton alum.Can be found in good used shape for $50.00 or so and have that good made in USA safety factor of about 5 to one!Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Short chain between the cylinders, corral pole through the chain, two men can easily lift it out. I'm probably wrong but I seem to recall T power plant weighs about 350#.

Get the heaviest equipment you can afford, you'll use it for other things. ;- )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/433204.html?1395839893

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

So around 350 for an early model, aluminum trans cover, and well over 400 for electric starter later models ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I have shipped a few and on a pallet they weigh 525, I did weigh a starter engine once and it was 488lbs. Hope that helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Less than the left rear dually wheels of your F350 crushing your leg.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

I've heard around 550 lbs. for engine and transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

I know 2 engines had the back end of my 77 impala wagon squatted almost to the asphalt on the interstate coming home with them.
they were without oil pans.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration