WOLF WHISTLE BRACKET and INSTALL IDEA'S PLEASE!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: WOLF WHISTLE BRACKET and INSTALL IDEA'S PLEASE!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

can you post a pic of your wolf whistle installation? i am curious to see placement
and bracket design. thanks!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

They just screw into a hole in the intake and cord or wire is run to were you can reach it from the seat. Not sure what you mean by bracket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:10 am:

This one has a bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

yup sure as shootin' does! But the mag mount is more interesting! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Tell us more on the mag drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

If you look closely, it appears to me that the wolf whistle is just mounted normally with its threads threaded into a piece of pipe and fittings used as a vacuum manifold. Look at the homemade bracket attached to the throttle rod. It has a rod going straight vertically to a homemade bell crank (that looks like a mounting bracket). The bell crank is mounted on the firewall. Then, notice the short link about 1 inch long dropping from the bell crank to the lever on the whistle. I'll bet anyone "a dollar to a doughnut" that I'm right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

The bell crank is linked to the spark rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:14 am:

Its a friend of a friends car.
Lots of unique things on it.
Including the bicycle chain driven Fairbanks Morse mag on a homemade mount.
I think from a Continental engine.

A lot of cheap fun in this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:35 am:

Well Dennis, I think you're right and if you look at the bracket below the plunger on the top of the wolf whistle, I see two nuts fastening bolts to the bracket (bolts out of sight under bracket). It must be an old original, as the currently sold ones have no bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:53 am:

JD, your friend's friend's Tudor is almost too rusty for my tastes! Nah. Cool car. :-)
What is that piece of flat between the the water outlet and the head for?

Danny, I got nothin'

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration