Alternator conversion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Alternator conversion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Smythe - Australia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

my alternator conversion at 60 amps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Sacrilege I say!

...nice work Cameron, let us know how it works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

I did that over 15 years ago. It works out great.
It will peg the gauge for about 15 to 20 seconds and then back to a low charge. I have done this to 2 T,s and will be do it to my 27 Coupe as I get it running. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Smythe - Australia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

It's up and running and works a treat I'm only posting this now but have had it on for 12 months or so and is the best thing and also converted starter to 12 volts as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WilliamThomas Forsythe on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

I believe this alternator to be the same as I've used on my '12 Touring,hence "on an early block".
Mine (the model for a Geo Metro) has been working perfectly for 14 years. I had to go to serpentine pulleys and belt, to carry the load without breaking the belt.
60 amp Alternator on early block (1)60 amp Alternator on early block60 Amp Alternator on early block (3)60 Amp Alternator on early block (2)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration