Boykin Auto Supply Cleveland, TN Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Boykin Auto Supply Cleveland, TN Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Here is a picture of a local Auto Parts Store. Not sure when the picture was taken

Boykin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Appears to be late 1920's or early 1930's. Great picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

It is a neat picture. The cartoon car looks like '33-'34 to me. No telling how long it has been there but I would think the photo would be of the "new" store front. The radiator in the window at right looks like '30-'31 Model A. The tires could be that vintage too. 19" 18" etc. These parts would be for used cars. I would guess 1934 or 1935.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:44 am:

I noticed the "Goodrich Batteries" sign on the front door and the three digit phone number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 06:05 am:

A bicycle expert could track down the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 06:22 am:

Bike looks to be late '30s. The streamlined bikes that Schwin made popular were done to boost demand during the depression. Others copied. This picture could be as late as 1940 given the bike .. in my humble opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:28 am:

I wonder if those "easy terms" is why its not there now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:28 am:

I wonder if those "easy terms" is why its not there now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 08:14 am:

It's interesting that the signs in (or on) the window and on the cartoon car read, "Goodrich" and the two vertical signs alongside the Windows read, "GOOD RICH". I wonder why the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 08:17 am:

In the middle of the Good Rich there is a design that you can not see to well in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Maybe this one?

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Several of these appear for sale. Descriptions vary: '20's,'30's, '40's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Those signs are Good...Rich,

Thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Oh No Dennis! Not more pun-ishment. We will get tired of that but you probably have a whole battery of them. Just kidding. I do get a charge out of them.

Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration