SCAMER ALERT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: SCAMER ALERT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:27 am:

DANIEL LINKZ sez he's from Santa Clarita CA. I advertised here for a Livingston VEE brass radiator. I still want one!!!!!!!

He responded with photos. I asked for dimensions and he did not follow through. I asked if he was going to Bakersfield and he said no. This I thought rather strange as it is less than 100 miles from his home to the swap meet.

He offered to send the radiator to me for approval if I sent him $283.00 for freight. His asking price was $1800.00.

I then told him I had a friend a few miles south of Santa Clarita and he would like to come and check the radiator out for me and my friend had the money to strike a deal.

Then today I get an email that he had sold the radiator to another person that wired the money to him. The purchaser was going to pick the radiator up today.

Of course the prerequisite illiterate spelling and language was present in all emails. The interesting thing is the photos were clear and were of a Livingston radiator showing 3 views.

I got to thinking, and googled Livingston brass radiators and guess what the same photos he sent me were there on google.

Buyer Beware,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:01 am:

Yes. I had a similar contact several weeks ago. The seller even went to the extent of creating a MTFCA user account the same day. I now only do business with those members I know or who have been members for a significant period of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 08:52 am:

I look them up in the on-line phone book at www.switchboard.com or www.whitepages.com or the MTFCA membership roster to verify their location and name.

If they are not in either place, I stop right there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

He also goes by many different names.

I hope he gets caught soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

FYI. All the pictures posted here will end up on Google.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration