Old Photo - Brass Era - Street Scene, George, Iowa

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - Street Scene, George, Iowa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Great photo Jay, thank you for posting. Very busy day down town in Goerga, Iowa. Looks like that must be a least a 12' by 4' piece of wood making it's way up/down the street and it may have stuck something. A lot of smoke at the top of the street.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

That guy with the wide load is violating about 50 laws. Where's the "Wide Load" sign? Where's the pilot car? Is that street approved for wide loads? Does he have a permit? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

I think the "smoke" is actually dust ... a chronic issue when the streets weren't
chronically muddy !

Yeah, that wide load is really something. I have enjoyed chatting with the constable
over loads that nearly filled the 8' lane. I don't think I could have talked them off
the ledge with a load like this one !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration