I'm leaving th forum.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I'm leaving th forum.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

I need to get some work done. I'll be back this evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Ok i'll seeya on Facebook.....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Steve,

I think you need to post your daily schedule here. How else will we know when to look for good posts and pictures. You should include rest breaks and meal breaks as well as some sleep time. We wouldn't want to wear you out. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Oh Dear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Whatever you are doing ....

If you are going to be thinking, you my as well be thinking Big.

Because Steve is a tremendous man - a great man.

Freighter Jim
DOTUS in waiting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

I'll cover for Steve while he's working. :-)

I DO have a 1530hrs appointment with a client, so get those questions in early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Please don't go, Steve. Work can wait. Don't do it. I beg of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

This is so funny Steve, when I saw the title to the thread I thought now who is haunted by cabin fever and upset. You got me good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

For you non-military types,....that's the little hand on the three and the big hand on the six.

Just thought I'd help clarify Burgers "cover" notice as he sometimes forgets that there are those with no military background,......(:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

With some of the Subject Lines lately; I thought you were leaving for good ?!?

So, with that I am leaving too! Trying to start the touring.

Check out the Austin auction flier in the Classifieds.

Auction 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Well, if it's a military clock, the little hand is on the 15 and the big hand is on the 30. . . . .
:-)
However: Standard or Daylight time????

Seriously though, when I was a kid the railroad (SP) stayed on Standard time year round; if a family member worked for them, they'd have to learn to adjust their time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Whew, I thought he would never leave. Now that he is gone we can say what we really think about him.

Isn't it wonderful what he brings to the forum? If you haven't checked out his Home Page URL: http://dauntlessgeezer.com you are really missing something.

Also, his dry sense of humor is priceless.

Good-bye for now, I'm leaving too.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

I save the geezer reports and read a month at a time. I don't always agree on how he is going about it but in reality, he's doing a damn fine job.

I was thinking we should muster a work party and drive our t's to his place and help finish some of his projects.

Then he can lead us on a model t tour around his countryside. Just a bunch of old guys and old cars trying to see how much ice cream per mile we can consume. After the ice cream comes the lies and the expansion of truths. Maybe even throw in a seminar or 2.

Some good food(it always tastes better outdoors), good touring and new friendships. Maybe we could talk Freighter Jim to show up and he could run trouble truck.

Just a thought,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

Ha Ha...Same thought as Dennis. Wondered who got 'em twisted now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

When I saw the title 2 or 3 names came to mind. Steve Jelf was not one of them. Glad it's Steve's idea od an April fool's joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

OMG ! I typed "od" instead of "of". I smell the tar and feathers being prepared now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Steve: It would be an horrible thing for you to leave the forum. An hundred or more members might follow your lead. I don't think that you would want such an heavy weight on your conscience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

Tommy, I thought you might be coming dowd with a cold!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

When time was being talked about it reminded me that grandad would tell you that 3:35 was 5 minutes after half past 3 and you could buy a old pocket watch for 6 bits. (75cents)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Goodby!

Welcome back!
We missed you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

I hope he will be gone tomorrow also, then post some clinic pics later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

I'm baaaack. But not for long. Gotta snooze and get an early start for Hutch. See you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:35 am:

Somebody take a pic of Steve at Hutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 02:55 am:

STEVE! Crap, I missed him! If anyone sees or talks to Steve, please tell him to have a good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:15 am:

Man, he's like the Idaho Potato Truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:18 am:

I enjoy a ride into town with Steve from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Hal,

Forgive me for my ignorance. The Idaho Potato Truck? Explain please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Henry,

There's a series of TV commercials advertising Idaho potatoes, that feature an 18 wheeler whose trailer is a huge potato. It goes all over on this ad campaign with this potato farmer in pursuit trying to "get their truck back". He'll say "if anyone sees our truck please let us know" and all the while the truck is behind him in the distance. On one when he finally gets it back, it pulls away while his back is turned and he goes chasing it on foot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Ah ha! Thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Yea, I am leaving the forum to,

for a few hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

“Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.”
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Farewell Farewell I Bid You Adieu
- Poem by GAYLE ANNE GOFF

Saying Goodbye is Such Sweet Sorrow
August 7th, 2015 by Rebekah Smith

“You'll stay with me?'
Until the very end,' said James.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So many ways to say it.

Dad always told mom "consider yourself kissed" as he left the house.

Do buy Idaho potatoes. The Farmers who let me take T parts off their property are going broke. I would hate to see condos where the good stuff was.

$.02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Idaho potatoes are the best! When I was very young, my grandfather (dad's dad) ran a small potato and dairy farm in Idaho. I only got to visit the place a couple times before he passed away.

And the Groucho Marx song from the movie "Animal Crackers", "I really must be---going!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

"And the Wichita lineman, is still on the line"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

I left the forum for a while yesterday to celebrate Fleemtwiddle, but I'm back now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

That potato that is on the flat bed truck would make a lot of fries or mashed taters!
That poor guy I wonder if he got the truck stopped before it went into the next county????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

In the title of this thread "I'm leaving th forum" Steve must hav been in a hurry. He left off th "e". He is usually a stickler for detail and clarity. At least he is having a good time and sending back pictures.

http://laughingsquid.com/the-famous-idaho-potato-tour-the-worlds-largest-potato- on-wheels/ (Shameless Potato Plug)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

If you think that potato on the truck on in the video is big you ought to see the size of the gravy boat! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

The "Gravy Boat" with Gavin MacLeod. I loved that series.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration