Looking for pics of 1917 roadster turtle deck/ platform area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for pics of 1917 roadster turtle deck/ platform area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Working on my 1917 roadster wood project and could use some pics of where the rear of the turtle deck is and the decking under the turtle deck. Need to locate the rear sill so it
Is in the correct place.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:10 am:

Leon,
Thanks for the pics, Also I need to know how much deck is exposed when the turtle deck is on, maybe some pics with the turtle deck on from the top or rear.

Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:40 am:

Perhaps I could help? I've been wanting to ask the same question...
My '18 with a July '17 body and a trunk/turtle deck that has the cutout for a battery box, '19 or later?
Mine had been a pickup so I've been a bit lost.

deck
If this is correct, there it is. :-)

deck2
Right hand

deck3
Left hand

This help at all?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 02:16 am:

Thank you, that does help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Looks good. I wish I didn't have such a hard time posting pics. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Michael,

Aunt Mary's Runabout has been discussed on the forum. And the turtle deck area is shown below:

The complete large size photo is on Shorpy at: http://www.shorpy.com/node/4432?size=_original

The 1915-1922 dimensions below have been posted before but can also be helpful:

And remember that the bodies were produced by different body makers and sometimes varied a little bit form one maker to the next. Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc15.htm that says:

JUN 26, 1915 Factory Letter

"Hereafter when ordering body panels for 1915 cars, please give both the car and body numbers. The body number will be found on the right sill just inside the front door. This number will be preceded by a letter which indicates by whom the body was made.
"The above information is necessary as panels for bodies made by our various suppliers vary somewhat."

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:55 am:

When working on Model T bodies its best to remember that the fit up and dimensions of the body sheet metal was not an exact science to begin with.
If you can get your car to within 90-95% of what it was from the factory your doing pretty well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Thanks to all that responded

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration