Old Photo - Model T Era - Camping At Indian Head, N.H.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Camping At Indian Head, N.H.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Same mountains, different tower.

From their web site:

Indian Head Resort started its journey as Indian Head Estate in 1913 with 10 campsites. Over the years these first campsites grew to more than 70 cabins and bungalows. In 1922 a group of three-room cabins were opened and a few years later, 29 more cabins were added and named “English Village”.

A wooden observation tower was built on the west side of Rt. 3 to view the famous Indian Head Rock Profile. The tower proved an extremely popular viewing station for the local landmark, and a more sturdy steel tower was later constructed. In the 1950’s the 100-foot steel observation tower was relocated across the street to its present location along with the main office and facilities.

In the 1950’s Indian Head modernized and converted to motel accommodations. These rooms are still found above our main lobby and dining room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Is that a bear in the center of photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Oh I don't know Dallas. I thought it looked more like a fire hydrant. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

I think it is a bear. Notice how the people are almost all facing it from a distance!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

What was I thinking???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

It looks like a bear to me. Well I can barely see it on this kindle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

By gosh it looks like there's a bear in that first photo. But I'll be darned if I can find that fire hydrant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Might even be a second bear among-st the crowd.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration