Old Photo - A Favorite "Old Photo"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - A Favorite "Old Photo"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:49 am:

I've posted this here before and I thought it was worth sharing again for those who might have missed it the first go-around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Looks like a run down mining town from the '30s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Kempton, West Virginia Coal Town 1930's

Here's the link to the past thread from 2013:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/384846.html?1377716543

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:16 am:

It's a great photo depicting life in a mining town. It immediately made me think of the mining towns up on the iron range where I grew up. The company housing seems to be the same style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Yes it was time again. These cars were the same as each other when they left the factory. They took on their own personality as time went on. Even today and after restoration you don't often see two just alike.

Thanks

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Seven chimneys and no smoke. No sign of human life. Not even a chicken,dog, horse or cow. Maybe it is the town that wanted a one way street like the bigger towns had. When they got one, every one left town and could not get back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:40 am:

I wonder what that is at the top right of the windshield? Is it a bracket? A stiff wire? A vacuum hose?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Norman, I have wondered about that too. It could be part of the glass channel from where the glass has broken out. I can't reason why tubing would be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Norm, Is it a lever to tilt the windshield?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Homemade mirror bracket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Yes there is a late 30's car on the far side of one house.I think i see post for porch's on what i think is the front of the houses? Bud in flat Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 11:59 am:

?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Look just over the top of the back seat on the T and you can see a car out front of the house. If you look at the railroad cars it looks like cars parked next to them too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

That's a flexible microphone for an early bluetooth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Enough detail to make it interesting. Enough lack of detail to make it intriguing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

It is a bracket for the fragrant mound condensor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

That steering wheel nut looks like the one on my 2004 Cavalier. Ignition tumbler broke and my ex-wife got some imbeciles to work on it when I was at work so she could have a car. They lost a lot of parts. We divorced, I fixed it and had to use an upside down lug nut to hold the steering wheel on. I threw the airbag/horn in the trunk and threw away most of my broken plastic dash. Bad part is you don't even need to remove the steering wheel to replace the lock cylinder like older model cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration