Old photo - Riding in the ruts.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - Riding in the ruts.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

I can remember when I was 14 in Saskatchewan and we would go to town, my uncle drove part way and he would straddle the ruts then he would let me drive and I would go 50 feet and slip into the ruts and stay there all the way to town, I didn't have to steer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

It'd suck to forget something and have to turn around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Right now, the ruts in the ice on the streets is like this in places. I have
to go to an intersection where the ruts break up to get out of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

We had ruts in four inches of ice - horse trailer tracks wider than the ruts, made it very "interesting" - fortunately we got a foot of snow that filled in the ruts ! :- )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 11:27 am:

I have heard that there used to be a sign on the Alaskan Highway that said, "Choose your ruts carefully. You will be in them for a long time!" Since then it has become a metaphor for "life."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Here is a clearer version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

When I see Dave Wells photo, it make me think when I was a teenager I was visiting my Uncle and his family in KCMo
O and my late cousin went out and was dinking around Kc and he would get in the trolley track's and they would do the steering. when he wanted to make a turn he would steer out and he would again steer out and if there was a track there he would drop in the tracks and go on. Now this was long after T days, and it was a 46 or 47 FORD coupe. All our Family were For People and to this day I am to the bone marrow FFFFOOORRRRDDDD!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Dave,
Thanks for the photos
I think we have seen this shot before,Ithink that is Mt Pleasant Cemetery.
Brings back memories as I lived about a mile from there

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

No problem Don. I don't know if I've seen this one before or not but it certainly looks like it would be a well known photo. Of course it's great for new people here and guys like me who can't remember anything. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Great photo but I wouldn't want to drive my T or A through it. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration