1913 and 1915 radiators

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1913 and 1915 radiators
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

I have a 1915 and a 1913 Tee. The radiators are exactly the same measurements. Were they originally different? Are they interchangeable? Lenney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#rad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Thanks Mark. looks I can swap them. My 13 has electric headlights so the gas tube would be irrelevant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

The encyclopedia is correct but it is giving only a few of the differences between '13 and '15. The 1915 radiators after about December 1914 would have had a wire tube soldered in place behind the core reinforcement for the wire tube.

The 1913 radiator had a brass gas tube soldered in exactly the same place, with a tee soldered on the end of the tube on the driver side.

Externally, with the hood closed, they look the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:55 am:

The big difference is a '13 radiator has a soldered on serial number plate on the lower passenger side. By 1915, the patent plate was part of the radiator back panel, but still had the serial number on it, and was moved up some more to the middle of the back panel.The serial numbers were always considerably higher than the engine numbers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration