Model T accessory post on Facebook

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T accessory post on Facebook
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

So tell me something - I put up a post on there to see if anyone would guess what this is: https://youtu.be/QHhvcwDpbEU

We had a round of it on here last year, no one figured it out and then my mother died and then my grandfather after her - well I lost interest and forgot about it until a couple days ago.

The next day on FB someone guessed it and I commented "you are right" or something like that. Then all the whining started - you won't tell us what it is, and "several" people reported my post, one of which commented "what does this have to do with Model T's" Ugh. Today (two days since I posted) I got reprimanded for making everyone wait for the answer (previously confirmed TWICE) for a grueling two days. What is wrong with people these days? You can't wait to let others guess - that was supposed to be FUN and apparently that is now frowned upon? I even posted the physics of it so people could understand how it was supposed to work - that was my bad too.

So here's the answer in other peoples words from there, that no one apparently saw:

1. After market water pump.
2. same guy after changing his answer twice: Ok, then we are back to the water pump. You would need an external pump to take water from the system and send it through the tube spraying it into the venturi causing a low pressure behind the nozzle, thus moving the water through the system for cooling.
3. The water pipe?
4. Waterpump ?
5. water pump run off cylinder pressure

The small tube goes to the exhaust manifold. Exhaust pressure is pumped into the water pipe to move the water up into the engine.

I don't think this is a good idea for a number of reasons - wanna guess why or will that start a fight on here too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

That is a type of fuel heater, atomizer. heat from the manifold up the copper tube, and the venturi formed for more vacuum an fuel delivery.

P.S. I don't hear anyone else guessing...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Smoke generator or fogger for exhaust?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Pressure up the fuel tank like model aircraft. (Well it IS a guess)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

A problem with FB is the random movement of posts. An item posted now may or may not show up in the same place tomorrow, or even an hour from now. Add that to the fact that some people just don't pay attention, and it's no surprise that a lot of folks missed the answer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration