Info on Hershey Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Info on Hershey Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

I am travelling from Ireland, does anybody know if The Hotel Hershey is a nice place to stay ?? I am also thinking about taking my kids and wondering if that is a good idea. Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

The Hershey Hotel is a grand hotel. The price is very grand!!!!!!!!!!! There are several other LESS expensive places near the flea market. Get on the Hershey web site and I'm sure they will include motels in the area. I stay in a motor home on the field so I don't know of any specific motel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Andrew, I do not know about the hotel. But as far as bringing the kids it would depend on how old are they are and how strong they are (older strong ones can help carry parts.)Young ones would have to be constantly looked after so as not to get misplaced or into mischief. The best part about bringing them along would be the whole family would get to enjoy the Hershey experience together. Good memories for years to come. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Search "AACA Museum hotels". This will give you a list of hotels near the Hershey event. The Hotel Hershey is a grand Hotel built in the 1930's. Good dining and amenities. Suggest you contact them the for pricing and availability of rooms. The hotel is within walking distance of the event.

Near the Museum are three hotels. Note Harrisburg has an international airport, connected to major US cities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Hershey involves A LOT of walking. If your kids are small, make sure to bring or rent a stroller or wagon to tow them in when they get tired. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on January 28, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

Andrew,
I am NEW to the Model T Experience.
( Still looking to buy my first one.)
I went to Hershey for the 1st time this year.
It is amazing.. But it could be a bit overwhelming if like some of the others said, your children are small. Lots of walking and Thousands of Spectators. Great people, TONS of stuff to look at and buy. No matter what you decide. Enjoy ALL that there is to see.
Best of luck.
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Andrew, don't know if you are aware, the Hershey amusement park is closed in October

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:03 am:

If you are planning on attending the area hotels fill up fast and rooms are sometimes hard to find so make reservations now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Mark is correct. Plan on a LOT of walking. It takes me three days to cover the whole thing. Some years I haven't been able to do that because of weather interruptions.

This is about 1/5 of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Another option is the Hershey Park Campground. It has cabins that would accommodate a family, as well as campsites. The cabins come equipped with microwave, fridge, TV, dishes, etc. but you have to supply bedding and linens. I have stayed in one for the last few years and they are great. Like the hotels they are usually booked a year in advance but you can get on a waiting list, that's how I got started there. There is a free continuous shuttle between the campground, as well as the hotels, and the flea market field. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

http://www.hersheyparkcampingresort.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

hi there thanks to all for the info thanks again

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration