What year are these top support brackets for.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What year are these top support brackets for.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

I found these while going thru more of the parts. I can not find a match for them. I have found some info on some shaped differently, but none shaped like this ... any help appreciated, Thanks ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art Wilson on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Possibly rear top socket brackets for a 1910 Tourabout with equal width seats?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:08 am:

Art, Thanks. Using the 1910 date as a "starting point" I looked closely thru Bruce's book The Car that Changed the World. On page 104 where they are doing "A Close Look at a 1911 Touring" I can see in the third photo, what looks like it may be this bracket. Its hard to tell from the picture but it may be the rear support arm for the top. ???? Its hard to tell how much "rise" and "extension" there is. Langs has a bracket similar to this one listed for 1911-12 touring's, but the top part of the bracket that sticks out from the body is shorter, and the "rise" is longer on their bracket. Lang's also has a bracket for "extended, wider bows" but it is also made different. Langs parts are on page 148 of the 2015 catalog. Still looking for a positive ID, before I can list it for sale... Thanks again ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:03 am:

That style of bracket was standard throughout the auto industry. It may or may not be Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Thanks Royce, You may be correct, as there is no sign of a part number.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration