Another Great Old Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another Great Old Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 01:17 am:

Love the accessory windbreaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:46 am:

That car is an early '26 with all the bells and whistles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:52 am:

What's that in the back seat? A case for some kind of stringed instrument?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 10:31 am:

That's his "Tommy Gun" case, He's going to collect from those who haven't made their payments on their car this month. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 11:37 am:

I believe that is the famous fiddle player Eck Robertson with his new Ford. As the story goes, he won a huge fiddle contest, got on the train and went to New York and recorded several sides for (I think) Bluebird records or may Victor and had one of the first big selling Hillbilly records. I don't have time to look it up and make sure that is accurate but that picture floats around the fiddle sites occasionally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 11:43 am:

I notice that the car wheels have natural finish spokes. Somehow I always thought new cars all came with black spokes. Perhaps a dealer option since the car appears new?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

What I nice car and like the looks of the wheels. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

I Googled Eck Robertson and found some recordings of his music on YouTube. Stan is correct when he wrote about him being the first country music player recorded. He was recorded in 1922 and quite the fiddle player! One of the tags on the recording of "Arkansas Traveler" goes into great detail of his past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Henry: Yes, 21" demountables with natural wood spokes were available as an option from 1925.
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Thanks Roger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration