1926-27 Canadian / Geelong assembled cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926-27 Canadian / Geelong assembled cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry - Werribee, Australia on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Before I get too far into restoring my cars, would like to clarify a few things specific to the Australian cars.

Paint colours: Seems they started with the same 3 colours that earlier models had. There are some newspaper ads in mid 1927 that list up to 9 different colours including two tones. I assume these were done by the local dealer and not from the factory?

Firewall / dash colour: Did all the Geelong cars have their dash / firewall painted black? I know some US cars had the dash and firewall body colour. All the Geelong cars I've seen are black though.

Engine colour: Did they follow the US and use the green paint or were they all black?

Steering column: Is the differences in the steering column due to the swap from NH to vaporizer carb? Some have the carb adj rod on more of an extreme angle where it passes through the firewall than others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Dave,
I can tell you a few things about my 26 that is a one family owned and has 79000 miles on it, body all green, fire wall and dash, engine is black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

I should make that read right, dash and fire wall are body green.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article21099530

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article79516601

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

My dash is black and the engine is not painted. Its production date according to the Geelong Ford museum historian was March 1926. All the paintwork is original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry - Werribee, Australia on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 02:53 am:

Thanks Frank and John.

This is a photo of our cars steering column. You can see how a new hole has been drilled when the vaporizer carb that is now on it was fitted. Guessing that it originally had an NH.

This is another column I have. The slot for the carb adj rod is further out. The bracket has an extra round hole added.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration