Model T Body?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Body?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Campbell on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

I have an old auto body on my farm. Looking to identify and think it's a Model T with pickup frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

Fenders do not match that cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Looks like 26 - 27 T roadster to me. Some else might say different but the windshield posts tell the story too. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Tim your right,The fact it has a door on the drivers side, gas tank in the cowl & 26/7 windshield stanchions plus the drivers side front fender under a early rear fender are dead giveaways. The body looks really good and would be a great start one a roadster or pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Is it for sale. I sure could use it if it is for sale. Dan C Loveland, Colorado

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

'26 - '27 for sure. "Fender" - the rear (on top) is earlier - the bottom one appears to be a '26-'27 front d.s.

The w.s. posts are worth $'s !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Campbell on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

I can take better pictures of fenders and I believe both the stamped running boards are there. I thought the Ford name on the running board might be of significance in determing model/year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

That's a better body than the one I started with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Pre '26 - '27 running board shown also - very small script running parallel to middle edge is '26 - '27 and smaller, tighter diamonds I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Appears to be early 1926. I can not say for sure without more pics. If it has aluminum step plates it is early 1926. The outer door skin is missing and shows the "small hole" style to the four holes in the inner panel. That is also a early 26 trait. I would need to see a pic of the bottom of the windshield stanchion to say if they are also early 26. But if I was to guess Ill have to guess early 26 from what I see so far. The top fender and the running board are 17-25 model. The front fender appears to be 26-27 from what I see of it. Add a roadster deck, or pickup bed (either steel or wood), and you have the makings of a complete body. If you post a photo of the front of the cowl, the lower part of the windshield stanchion, the area where the top of the door meets the cowl, and the top of the passenger door at the top rear corner. and let me know if it has aluminum step plates, steel step plates or a steel step plate that is also the outer body skin. I can nail down the year. Whats there is a nice start for some one building an Improved Model 26-27. The guy that has been posting about building a 26 from the frame up may be interested in it. have fun and be safe Donnie Brown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Campbell on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Wow, thanks for the great info. It's been sitting for all the time we've owned the place and I have no idea of it's history but feel like it's all part of the same model that a farmer owned down here in central Texas. I won't be going back down to my place until February but will be happy to take more pictures as it is interesting to me. I have no inclination to use it and have been getting some interest in a purchase but have no idea of a market price. I'm sure it could be put to good use by someone and hopefully can get it to someone in the not to distant future.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration