REAR HUBS 1909-1910

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: REAR HUBS 1909-1910
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Langs listed rear wood wheel hubs for tapered axels, a 5-1/2 diameter hub and flange. This item is no longer available. Does any one know who may be making these now? Has there been any information on the forum or Vintage Ford about how to convert a 6 inch to make it look like the early 5-1/2?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

i have done it, its a lot of work if you do it right + you have to scrap a pair of 11-13 frt hubs. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

John McLaren was making those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Dale: Hi From Iowa! I have had a local machinest convert frt & Rr hubs for my "09 & have made several other sets for others. It is not cheap because of the early front hubs that must be sacrificed, but he does a great job for me. If I could locate the frt hubs I could get them made & deliver them to Chik in Mar! Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Question is the difference between the 09-10 hubs and later hubs only the outside diameter and placement of the bolt holes ?
If so, couldn't the holes the later hubs and front plates be welded up, the diameters turned to 5 1/2" and new holes drilled? It doesn't sound difficult with a rotary table.
I think the 09-10 front plates were drilled round not square, so that's one step that is not necessary. What am I missing?
Hey, Charley, I might be driving thru your neck of the woods. Might be able to stop by and see who can BS the other one the most! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

All hubs were 6" diameter after mid June 1910. No need to re- drill any of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Richard!come on by. but you must make an appointment, make sure you bring your high top boots ha,ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

Hey Guys- he asked about REAR hubs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

dan ! you have to use a part of the frt hub to make the rear hub look right. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:21 am:

Thanks Charley- shows ya what I know about early parts huh? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:15 am:

early rear hub

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

thanks. Steve. Charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration