Electric Cowl Lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Electric Cowl Lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:59 am:

Looking at the thread "1916 survivor" yesterday showed a pair of fine looking electric side lights. Were these original Ford parts? I have never seen them before. Now I am looking for a pair.

Thanks, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:27 am:

They are from some other brand of car. Not Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Erik,
Is it the sytle that you are attracted to?, or is it the fact that they are electric?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:01 am:

You see a lot of them from Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:15 am:

They're authentic accessory lamps - I have 2 different styles and they are made for Ford side lamp brackets - photos later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I have two authentic styles and there is a 3rd type that is quite rare and I do not have even a photo That I can find.

It looks just like a miniature headlight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

I have an extra original cast iron 1926 Left Side Lamp Bracket, T-45160, but I have never found a Right Side, T-45159 Bracket yet, so my lights have never been mounted.

The C-Cab truck photo in the Ford March 15, 1927 Price List of Body Parts shows the lamp bracket installed, but does not provide the part number in the text.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

I believe this was a made for Ford item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

That above bracket is shown in the Model T Ford Price List of Parts Effective March 1, 1930 without the electric light being mentioned.

The text identifies it as 7845ARX Bracket Right for 1915-22, 7845BX Bracket Right for 1919-22, 7846ARX Bracket Left for 1915-22, or 7846BX Bracket Left for 1919-22.

There is evidently a mistake in the name under the photos, as the BX photo does not have the light holder and the AX photo has a light holder.

If the light was removed and the contact area was sandblasted clean, the correct part number would probably show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Some aftermarket jobber fitted an electric socket in the kerosene lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

Here are some electric cow lights :-)

OK, OK so cabin fever IS setting in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

I think Dennis is trying to milk this for all he can. He comes from a good family but the Model T has been a bad influence.
Get out of the Cabin and into the frying pan.

Rich

by the way, nice lights.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration