Old Photo - Brass Era - Postum Cereal Delivery Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - Postum Cereal Delivery Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Postum. Boy, does that bring back memories. My grandmother used that stuff. There was always some in the cupboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:26 am:

For those who are not aware, Postum was a coffee substitute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Postum is made from roasted wheat bran, wheat and molasses. This 10‑calorie beverage is caffeine-free, fat-free, trans-fat-free, sodium-free, and kosher. In addition to the original flavor, a coffee-flavored version was introduced.

See postum.com or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:47 am:

postum

This stuff is still available, good news for any of you suffering from "brain fag"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Watch the first 30 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIG2EJzE4o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:38 am:

BRAIN-FAG!

Damn

So THAT'S what is wrong with me, along with many other maladies, such as nervous prostration.

Alas, I can not avail myself of this curative elixir as it is not Gluten Free and I've got that Celiac Disease. Oh, woe is me. Doomed, doomed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

For those struggling with social acceptance of their "alternate" lifestyle, perhaps
a little experiment is in order ?

Serve this up at the "pride march" and see what happens !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

A little later, ads featured "Mr. Coffee Nerves" who looked a lot like depictions of Satan. Remember him ? (I kinda liked the guy - but then, I like coffee

Postum tastes like wheat bran after it's been fed to the horse !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

LOL, at first I thought this thread was about Possum! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

I commented something or other to my wife who is presently catching up on her Facebook thingie! She just read one to me that we've both decided would make the best television commercial ever:

Little boy, seven years old, makes a cuppa' coffee for his grandma. She of course thanks the little guy profusely, and chokes down probably the worst cup of coffee she'd ever had! At the bottom of her cup, she unexpectedly found three little tiny plastic toy soldiers. When she ask the little grandson what the that was for, he promptly replied,...."well,....like they say on T.V.,...... the best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup!"

Again, as idiotic as most T.V. commercials are, I think most of the few very good ones involve animals or little kids!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

My wife spit up her coffee over that one Harold!! (She's the only one here who drinks that stuff, learned to drink it at work. I'm a tea guy!)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration