After We Sell FORD We Serve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: After We Sell FORD We Serve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I wonder if I could call my local Ford dealer and find out what oil is best adapted for my Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

I just called 251-3 and could not get thru to them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

I had a suspicion that this was another classic case of a dealer
talking the big talk and getting scarce when you need them !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Let us get you in the door and then we can really start selling you the services you probably don't really need. Today you can buy the "free oil change for life" to get you sucked in to the service department. Great for the dealer, pretty iffy for the consumer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

I dunno Walt,....??? I bought a brand new 2008 Mazda Miata from Fugate Ford/Mazda in Enumclaw and after 8 years, they still honor my $299 "oil change for life" thing! Actually, a couple years ago, the card that the service writer fills out each time I have the car serviced was all filled up. He gave me a new blank card so as to continue making entries every time I have the car serviced, and I noticed that the front of that new card no longer says $299,.... it says $399. I mentioned that to the service writer and he said,.... "yeah, and not only that, but we don't even offer that "free for as long as you own it" plan anymore either"! But guess what,..... they STILL honor it! One of the best purchases I ever made! I really think it has to do with the "credibility" of the particular dealer. And, I'm not gullible enough to believe that the fact that I've bought three brand new cars from that dealer just might have something to do with it too! Whatever,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Looks like a blown opportunity for the Model T hobby. This dealer service ad could've settled the "Which oil is best?" argument once and for all. Sadly, they only tease us with the lure of them being the supplier of the right oil.

I'm very thankful that we don't have this problem with my non-Ford antique car. The period Maxwell advertising emphatically recommends Havoline brand oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

"I just called 251-3 and could not get thru to them!"

Fred: I think I see your problem. You're in New Hampshire and Berlin Auto Sales is in Conneticut. You have to dial the area code first.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Area Code?? What's that?? Don't you just ask the operator for the the Connecticut exchange??
BTW, I can still call my childhood phone number and talk to my brother: CEdar5-2721. (He lives in the family resort)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

The only Ford dealer that I could find in a search of that area is the legendary Tasca Ford. I wonder if they took over Berlin Auto Sales.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration