T exhaust pipe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T exhaust pipe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

I know this has been discussed recently but neither the forum keyword search or yahoo search leads me to the post. I need to order a T exhaust pipe that uses a replacement muffler (not original take a part). I know a member said they ordered one (aluminized steel) recently from Snyder's that fit well. Lang's lists them, plus stainless steel pipes, but of course none of the vendors list the manufacturer. Does Lang's sell the good fitting stainless ones, or should I just opt for aluminized pipe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

Terry, I'll give you a bump to the top as I would like to know too.

I missed getting one of Larry Smiths exhaust pipes he had made, but I am unsure in the direction of muffler I'd like to use---his used the original style multi piece muffle with pressed ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

Chad, I didn't miss getting one of Larry's pipes, and I have the original take apart muffler to be used with it. I'll use it on my authentically restored coupe, but I need one that will use a replacement type muffler on my fordor "tour' car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

I recently got a stainless set from Lang's and I was not impressed with the bending or the fabrication of the stainless parts. To bend stainless like that, you need to use mandrils. The welding on the muffler was high school shop quality at best.

So, re-rdered the regular steel version, also from Lang's and it was fine. 4 nicely spaced tack welds on the muffler. Fit was perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:47 am:

I found the original thread that I was looking for. It seems two different members ordered aluminized steel pipes from two vendor's (Snyder's and Lang's), but the one who ordered from Lang's had ordered a stainless pipe from them, previously. He wasn't pleased with the fit, so he reordered their aluminized pipe. He also, ordered a stainless muffler from Lang's but wasn't pleased with the quality of the welds.

I'm not trying to promote or discredit either vendor . I am just seeing the best advice. Both of these members were pleased with the fit of the aluminized pipes from the respective vendors. The post, also, gave the info on how to contact Vern Campbell about his stainless pipes, which I have read nothing bad about. I don't know if he is still alive or if he is still selling them, but I have sent him an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I was lucky to get several from Vern (a really great Guy), but I believe he has passed away. I had hoped he had tought someone how to do those great pipes? John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Most of the reproduction parts sold by Langs are the same parts sold by Snyders. Snyder is the manufacturer for some of the parts, Chaffin manufactures others, some are made by Fun Projects, etc. Almost none of the repro parts are exclusively made or sold by any one vendor.

I gave away a Midas Model T muffler at Chickasha last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

John, yes, unfortunately, Vern Cambell passed away a couple of years ago. He was a one-of-a-kind, all around great guy. I miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 03:07 am:

Original Smith, are you watching this thread? May be about time to start thinking about making another batch! :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:56 am:

Also unfortunately, Paul Larson started making the matching stainless steel muffler and he has also passed away.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration