Forum Reality Check...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Forum Reality Check...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

"The focus of our Forum is to provide a place where questions and answers regarding the history, maintenance and restoration of the Model T can be shared."

Took this from the "About MTFCA" tab on the home page. After reading a lot of negative comments lately about what is being posted I thought a reminder of the intended focus of the Forum would be refreshing to some...

...of course this is just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

My opinion is this. If one doesn't like or agree with the way this forum works, it's simple. Don't visit. I like and enjoy the back and forth I find here. Even when it does not involve the "history, maintenance, or restoration of the Model T."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

That's right Eagle! straighten your a$$ up or I'm calling the forum police and that goes for all the rest of you mugs too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Momma always said, Opinions are like butt holes.....everybody's got one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael - Detroit, Mich on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

I appreciate all of the content that is posted here.
From the old photos to the detailed write ups.

However, I do wish these posts were better sorted.
If there were a way to create sub forums, I would be interested to see what that looks like.

Classifieds, Technical Discussion, and General Discussion would be the 3 categories I would be interested in seeing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Perhaps Some Folks have not been driving their Model T often enough and CABIN FEVER has set in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

There are a thousand ways to improve the Forum. I don't believe you could get any group of us to agree on one change. Each of us looks at it from a different view point. That makes many things interesting and some not so much. If there was anything we could do to help the moderator I think most of us would. However I believe the best thing we can do is let him do his job and keep it simple.

Each of you will have your 2 cent for what it is worth.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Here's my two cents! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Over the years I have noted that we as a group have a lot more in common than just Model T's so if someone starts a thread with "OT" to let others know the subject may not totally be Model T related it is fine by me. I have been a forum member since the second month of its inception and have witnessed some hair raising topics. I am relatively bald now so not much is hair raising any more! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Wait for it ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Not long ago the MTFCI folded its forum due to lack of participation. Dividing it into categories didn't save it. The only problem I have with this one is the 250 KB file size limit on photos. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to go a bit higher than that. Other than that, the obsolete old format suits me fine. If a post doesn't interest me, I ignore it. If I find that an interesting post has veered off into politics or some other delusional waste of time, I have no trouble skipping it.

Jay, my 2 is bigger than your 2.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

I like it just as it is.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

I much appreciate the opinions and knowledge of so many of you. Classifieds and of course pictures bring it together for me and many others on this sight. I still feel its about the restoration and preservation of model T s on this forum. I like it better than other unnamed major ford car forums. I have built and restored many mustangs and participated in there forums but this one is a great source of info and parts. And plenty of hard core model T guys. I think if the forum ever changed its popularity with some of the younger guys might slip. Oh and I am not young but the diversity of the opinions gives me enough information to draw from when mAking repairs to my T s. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Better then alot other forums I read online atleast you don't need this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Rats, Steve beat me to it, I was going to post my two cents:
I LIKE the 250KB file limitation--it means I can read the forum with my 33k dial up connection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

As ironic as it seems I dislike seeing a common question answered with a link relating back to where the question was posted before. Information like this should be sent via PM and heres my logic.

As frustrating it might be to repeat what has previously been said it prevents the forum from becoming a library. New people can read and use the search functions, the purpose of the forum is to talk and discuss. If each topic becomes a matter of "look at this thread" then the current day discussions are lost. On the other hand when someone receives a link in a message they can then read thru that link and respond and ask further questions.

It may seem silly but I think involving new people with questions and taking the time to talk instead of referencing is much more welcoming.

my $.02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

I hate the forum, I hate Model T's, I hate you all, I hate Kansas, and I am taking the dog !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

And I just bought all this dog food. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I think the forum is fine like it is. I enjoy reading the stories, the differing opinions, seeing the great photos and following along with everyone's day to day. There are some I think of as the forum regulars, the experts, the not so experts (that'd be me), the folks that hang back in the shadows and don't say much.

Some have come and gone (I miss Ralph Ricks), some I wish would say more (Stan I wish you could find a little extra time to check in each day), some that are just about a half bubble off plumb (Burger) and some who are the forums greatest assets because they offer the greatest amount of sensible advice (Steve Jelf). Historians (Hap and Rob Heyen). Richard, Dallas, The "Tims" and the rest. It's a cast of characters.

I live by myself. I don't go to bars, I'm not religious, My only real hobby is my Model T's and I seldom leave the house. So this forum provides a lot of social interaction for me.

However, from time to time, I need to take a break from youse guys. Especially in the Winter when I become a shutin and the walls start to grow closer together. I recognize my cynical side comes out and that, combined with some severe Post Traumatic Stress, causes me to start wondering if perhaps I should consider a hiatus from the fun and games. And, when that happens, there's comfort in knowing you guys will still be here when I get back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

There is no place like home!
This place is my home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Burger,Are you saying that we're that lucky?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Sounds like Burger might be headed over to Steve's house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Indian Rocks, FL on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

I have a Medi-care card...
I have now lost about 50% of the hair that I started out with...
I still have 28 teeth...
I now weigh perhaps 50% more than I did in my 30's and 40's...
I have survived what was called Vietnam without PTSD even though I sometimes got to stuff body bags...
I only quit smoking 3 years ago...
I have diabetes...
I have a lump in my lung for 25 years that always checks out benign...
I take Beta Blockers...
I've become an orphan as an adult, my sister has joined my parents too...
My Model T collecting has grown from 1 to 4, each with their own individual personalities that I can never seem to get all to perform identical...

Oh wait...danged...the title was FORUM reality check...sorry...I thought it was for self-reflecting :-)

All things considered, not a whole lot actually bothers me any more, but I do appreciate the label OT on some of the off the wall stuff...while at the same time do not overly appreciate some of the 'deleting' that takes place for something actually trivial to me. As they say...news is news for only about 48 hours...then it just goes away!

Speaking as someone who has been a forum participant almost as long as Michael Pawelek...banter comes and goes...and about this time of year it does get a little wild...then comes Chickasha and we then get back on focus for a bit...sort of like Ground Hog day and the shadow...eh?

The 'face' of this forum works for me and I'd say ride it as long as the software will run on the server.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Garrison,

If I am half a bubble off, you must have the other half !

Life falls into extreme focus when you face incoming rockets, small arms
fire, etc. If anyone should know this, it should be you. If I suffer from PTSD,
it manifests itself most in my very limited patience for idiots and whiners who
never got their head/s squared away about what a real problem looks like,
and what gratitude for what is good is.

I often wish I had some Star Trek transporter thing to zip the whiners I encounter
off to a rural field in Helmand Province, so they could see what real life looks
like and what kind of an audience they would have where people have real
problems. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Shorty likes Kansas just fine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

Looks like shorty's getting a leg up on life. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Burger, is that way we did not see you at our clinic last weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

My dogs enjoy deer season too!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Burger, You're right on the money. It's good that I only have the dog to spend my days with. When they trained him they taught him to recognize when my good nature was going to go south.

The thing is, I'm still learning to recognize when he's already in tune with my inner self. Ohmmmmmm, ohmmmmmm. Anyway, with him and through the magic of certain prescribed chemical compositions I've made it through several Winters without regressing back into a liter of Jack and spending the Winter there.

There was a time when I was frequenting some of the finer establishments near my home. I'd spend time enjoying the company of my neighbors and the local constabulary. But, one or two evenings were spent sitting on the curb waiting for my chauffeur to drag my sorry butt home. And apparently she thought her time was important to the point she didn't wish to spend it chasing me down outside the corner of Telephone and Telephone. And she took her nasty self and left, never to come back.

So my ride was gone, along with a good chunk of my financial support. I found myself in my very own apartment and without the funds necessary to continue the lifestyle I'd become accustomed too. And sober!

And that's when I recognized I might have a bit of a problem. So I found my way to my local medical care facility for wayward veterans and had a discussion with such a nice lady, Mrs Ackerman. And we would talk and she'd take notes and soon she started to give me little pink and white and pale yellow pills. And life became so nice.

I gave up the desire to permanently leave this A.O. And enter into an alternative reality. I found a little double wide in the local mobile home park and moved in with my dog. And discovered the world of Model T Fords. And my life changed again. I met new people and I spend countless hours floating along at 35 mph and watching the world go by.

But, then Winter comes and the snow starts to fall along with the temperature. And these damn walls start to close in. I start watching the dog close. I know he's up to something. Things are starting to suddenly be out of place and I noticed I've certainly gone through a lot of ketchup lately. So, I'm watching him. All day I watch him. He's up to something. What devious thoughts must be going on in that head of his. But I'm watching him. I sit here and count my heartbeats and watch him. And I take my medicine and I wait and I watch; him.

Oh look a squirrel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

Hang in there, Mike. Just fifty days to Mud Season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Kool paw Luke keeper watch on burger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

Steve, Here's to you and Kansas:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

It's Ruskie dog. Comrade Luke on patrol. Hal, those are some strange poppies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

Mike, So long as your dog doesn't give you the Fava bean and Chianti look you'll be fine! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Hah! Have you been talking to my dog. Do you know something? Liver, anyone, liver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

I do think that if you're going to bump someone's post (it wasn't originally your own post) back to the top, that you should take credit for, and own up to it. It would cut down on people being accused and singled out for something that they didn't perpetrate, ie. photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Oh look, Mount Kansas ! One rarely sees a photo of the summit ! :-)

Garrison, I cannot wait to buy you a beer. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Believe it or not, it's called Mount Sunflower.

This is at the summit.

The elevation is 4039".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:21 am:

That's like FIVE FEET above the lowest elevation in Kansas ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:47 am:

I do love the back porch on this forum!
Mike G, I am very glad to have you back here regularly again.
Burger and Mike G, if you two ever get together, I want to be the fly on the wall! And thank you, both of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 03:09 am:

If Wayne wants to be the fly on the wall, I want to be in the next town--err, State!!
Hal, was that the meadow in the Wizard of Oz?
Hmm, after midnight--time to call it a day!
Yep it's a Day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 04:52 am:

After many many years of following several different branches of the old car and motorcycle hobby I can say that this forum just might be what pushed me over the edge.................as in finally joining (actually paying dues to) a car club.

I don't frequent other forums but from the comments of those who do it seems this forum is about as active and useful as they come. In fact it is so active that when I miss a day or two or three it takes quite awhile to get caught up. As far as changing it? I say if it works DONT FIX IT.

To the veterans, thank you for your service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 06:07 am:

I owned a 26 T roadster from '78 to '08. Never finished it, but that's another story. I still have the bug even though I've drifted down the road of scratch-built cars. I enjoy so much hitting this forum daily, listening to the same suspects, hearing years of wisdom and decades of BS.....Don't change anything or anybody. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 06:18 am:

Its kind of funny that there is a sqeeky wheel but there is no discussion on fixing it. No shims or bearings replaced. Its kind of like the model T. You get used to the noises and wonder why it makes strange noises . The discussions on this forum are great. From fixing a carb to how to straighten axles . The old photos spark all kinds of discussion on many topics that keep it interesting and me coming back. Its amazing the knowledge that can be found on about any car or part or tool. Its a great thing we have here. Smoking dogs and UFOs are a little fun. I have heard that if a prairydog stand on one side of Kansas you can see him from the other. It sounds like the forum brings a lot of folks joy and satisfaction the way it is. So ignore the sqeeky wheel and enjoy the rest of what you hear.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 06:55 am:

Are there actually people on here that read every post of every thread?!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:01 am:

I have known this website for years, only had a long anticipated Model T for a few months.

DO NOT change anything. This is the best old car web site in the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:38 am:

I love the forum the way it is.

What some people must need to be reminded of is not the rules as much as YOUR COMPUTER HAS AN OFF BUTTON! And if you don't like the thread don't read it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Another option that people forget about is that if they dislike the way
an internet site works so much, they can always start their own and run
it however they please ... no old photos, no off topic discussion, no posts
regarding even minutely altered cars, except to reprimand anyone that
might express an interest in such things. And they can freely dole out
to their "audience" how the rules should be strictly followed.

We had a term for guys like this in AFG - "fragged" - be THAT GUY long
enough and one is bound to get fragged. Back home, people seem to be
more familiar with the term "friendly fire".

--------------------------------

Am I correct in thinking the Mt. Sunflower National Forest has only one tree,
and it is dead ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Mt. Sunflower looks like a monument to firewood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:49 am:

We had a hardcore Sgt. fresh from the states who demanded everyone have spit shined boots in the field in Viet Nam. He had a "come to Jesus" moment late one night when he heard a spoon fly in the dark of his tent. Luckily for him the grenade was intentionally a dude but he got the point and became the enlisted man's best friend after our "attitude adjustment"! Anyone who has ever heard that "ting" will tell you it is a sound like no other!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Jay hold onto those 2 cents they are pre-'82 that means they are worth more than 2 cents:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Been here a while too. Also have some of George's conditions but thankfully not all. Sure don't want to see any changes here unless it somehow opened it up for more people but it's so d**n simple I don't see how that's possible either. I'm here at least once a day. Often more. Enjoyable + I get to shoot my face off once in a while. Here's a shot of Mikey who just turned 9. Like to say he looks sad because he didn't get a ride that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Dennis Seth, You are so very correct sir. Nobody is forcing anybody else to read or participate in ANY thread!
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Charlie, our Hannah can sympathize with Mikey. She took to riding in Liz like a duck to water, and she's pretty disappointed now Liz is not only torn down for minor R & R, but locked in the barn until 5 foot drifts melt off. Good dogs and model Ts - it just don't git no better !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:41 am:

I just checked my pockets and only found one cent so I can not comment yet, at least until after I check under the couch cushions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Dean,No problem, A penny for your thoughts would work here! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Thanks Jay, I feel better now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

I'm kind of a new guy. I enjoy the forum the way it's set up now. I have a lot to learn and tend to read almost every post. I can always find bits that I may need. Anytime I had a question someone always answers. I like that because being new I tend to ask basic questions and so far no one has got annoyed with me. Sure every once and a while you see OT and that's ok. Thanks in advance for all answers to the dumb things I'm going to ask in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Somewhere, on the other end of my pocket watch chain (wherever I last put the watch?), I have a genuine USA half cent. Is that enough to comment? I always used to joke that as long as I had that, I would not be totally broke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I'm kinda with Robert, I read almost everything and heck, I just edited my post on another thread just a bit ago... I guess we have about a half hour to do an edit.
This forum works just fine for me too and it's light as a feather on my older computers that I use.
I've MUCH to learn also even tho I've been successfully T'ing in the background for 20 years. Dare I say on the down-low? Did I even spell that correctly?
Build junk up from junk and whatcha got? Junk that is way too much fun for the general population, 90 years old and still going strong! :-)
Some (perhaps) legitimate questions can be shot down pretty quickly and without much finesse tho.
I'm actually NOT talking about my query about pipe and adjustable spanner verses specific duty wrenches.
I'm a bit careful sometimes because I'm new here. Sometimes I yearn for very specific info and that is sometimes unavailable at this time. Blah blah blah... ;-)
I've also written replies that I think are on topic, funny and poke fun at us humans and just X out of that thread. No, you cannot post it Duane.

Oh! I WAS going to say this; "Off Topic - OT - posts are allowed but should still be hobby related..." SHOULD being the key word and thank you Chris for this.
I COULD ask what throttle cable my '53 Galion Motor Grader should have and might get a good answer here! Elsewhere? Who knows. The knowledge base here is incredible!
Side note: I can even help someone else every great once in awhile!
Eh hem. IF my Motor Grader doesn't function, The driveway/road is too rough for my tastes when I'm ripping it up and T'ing on it. Get it? ;-) They're related like many good questions here...

My '18 just about dumped me out last fall when ripping up at the bottom of my hill... The little turkey. I need to grade.
I gotta go potty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Then the forum burps on me and I cannot edit my above to say.
Wayne, as far as I see, your half cent is something I'd like to see. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Haahaa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

You can take this reality and stick it where the sun don't shine!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 07:29 am:

Tim's point about "The focus of our Forum...." is well taken, sun or no sun. I'm sure I stretch the OT at times. More members than we can know are having trials with health and other problems. I hope whatever happens here can make things a little easier for them. The rest of us are between struggles. We are lucky to have our hobby and other interests.

The "don't look" option is always there and reminds me of Stan Laurel's newspaper "For Sale "ad that closes with "those not interested need not apply"'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Reality, is that what they call this?
feels more a like a warped dream i wish i could wake up from.

I hit 50 years old Saturday evening at 6:30 pm and it felt like a brick wall.
I have started dribbling but have not had a basket ball in my hand since school in the 70's.
I can already cheat on a slack day and go thru the 20 hairs or less aisle at the barber shop.
I get the senior discount at Bojangles.
And I all want to do is find out how in the heck all my clothes have gotten to small in the last 8 months. I wore 38 pants since college. After a month on prednisone steroids in February, i started blowing up like a balloon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Happy Birthday Mack !

Eat well, and you may very well see another 50.

Best to you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Well Happy Birthday to you Mack. Wow! Fifty years old! Half a century! The big 5 oh! No longer 49! One year closer to the big "Dirt Nap"! Yup! Out of the 40's and into the AARP years! Yeah, time to start thinking about that first colonoscopy! Happy Birthday old fella. Better sit down for a minute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Only 50??????

I haven't see 50 for over 2 decades!

I did get a surprise yesterday -
My granddaughter's boyfriend's sister (about 21 years old) asked if I was my granddaughter's dad!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

That's because you are so well preserved from eating all that Asian Food! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

ah,there is no longer a final frontier. I had to go under the scope a good while back,thought I had a issue but thank goodness I didn't.
I picked up some kind of "bug" at a funeral sunday best I can tell, I am all but in the bed. can't seem to cope as well as I used to with sore throats and coughing like a mule..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Wayne - I would think that your watch fob would authorize you to feel free to make half fast comments whenever you please! (:^)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration