Front Seat Springs Thickness

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Front Seat Springs Thickness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:56 am:

My front seat springs on my '13 Touring had been replaced years ago with some craptastic generic covering. I decided to replace that covering with a cushion from Classtique. I rebuilt the wood frame with Kwik Poly, and am now ready to put it all back together. I know I need to compress the springs, but I don't know how much. Currently the back of the springs are 5 inches thick, and the front is 8 inches thick. What should be the thickness after I compress it down?
Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Harrington--Lowcountry SC on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

The seats in our 21 Touring are 4 to 5 inches thick. If you are a 21st century size person you may want to make them a little thinner. It makes it easier to get in and out. When I recently redid the upholstery, I made wire clips to hold the springs to the thickness I wanted.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration