Old Photo - Hunting From The Seat Of His FORD, 1914, GARNER RANCH, HEMET-IDYLLWILD,CALIFORNIA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Hunting From The Seat Of His FORD, 1914, GARNER RANCH, HEMET-IDYLLWILD,CALIFORNIA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Ah....the real meaning behind road kill and riding shotgun. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:18 am:

The man obviously appreciated fine machinery. Model T and a Model 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:37 am:

That will teach them pesky wabbits!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Amazing photo of real life. The RR tracks make it all the better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:55 am:

So that’s how “road hunting” started?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:09 am:

That certainly appears to be a Model 12. I wish it were mine! I've had several 870 Wingmasters but have always wanted a Model 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:27 am:

The cleaners must have loved him. Imagine going hunting dressed like that today!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

I don't know about the rifle, but the car is a '12!
A lot of great stuff to look at in that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Blacked out rad on a really nice T and the W sign sneaking out of the photo for the rail engineers...
Great pic Jay!
That's a model 12? No. Not the Ford. I have an unusable '97 that bit my granddad's finger and he threw into the swamp/pond.
Pray tell the difference. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

What a great photo....for so many reasons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:24 am:

The rabbits around here are so full of fleas, that that man would be scratching already. It always makes me wonder how people can go after rabbits, unless the flea situation is just around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Those look pretty small for jack rabbits. Must be cottontails. Up at home when I was a kid we use to snare snowshoe hares. We had to watch for boils but fleas weren't a problem. If they were clean (no boils) we made stew. Our greatest problem was having brush wolves (coyotes) eating them in the snares before we got to them.

I remember seeing a photo of a large black timber wolf that a guy shot that as I recall went a couple hundred pounds. I've still got the photo around here somewhere. Now the tree huggers are protecting them while they kill farmers calves, dogs and other livestock. The bunny huggers love them and the farmers wait for an opportunity to kill them. I've got a bit of a problem with the conservation efforts of our DNR. I think they bend a little too quick for special interest groups in this state.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration