Old Photo - Lady Posing With A Centerdoor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Lady Posing With A Centerdoor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Interesting dress, interesting wheels, interesting shoes. In short, interesting.

What brand of wheels, anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:46 am:

"That's no Lady. That's my Wife."

Wouldn't you love to have that car with the wire wheels on it?

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Richard,

I was thinking of the same quote! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Personal aesthetic, I think 30" wire wheels look better on center-doors than they do on touring cars. Once again, Jay thank you for all the pictures !! Keep 'em coming ! (I don't know how you do it - my fear is you'll run out at some point)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Henry, with all the differences in forum folks from all walks of life and parts of the world it is amassing how similar some things and thoughts are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Jerry, should that be, interesting shoe,
instead of "interesting shoes?????"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Hmmmmm. Same old oil spots on the ground that we have today...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Rich B. I worried about Jay running out of photos a few years and several hundred pictures ago. He never ceases to amaze me. And there are others who manage to find these things too.
Aren't we Lucky?
Rich E.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Rich E., if I had to choose one single thing that I found "best" about the forum, it would be the old photos. They are very often a springboard for discussing details for authenticity, technical issues, and interesting accessories, besides history, geography, other items of interest (like flying saucers) and often just plain silly fun that gives us all a good laugh !!

Even better is the chance to learn a little about the other makes and models that shared the road with model Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Imagine how different our hobby would be if the camera had not been invented. Cars and cameras got popular at the same time and cars made for good photo ops. Lucky us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Joe,

Oh my gosh! Didn't even notice. Hope she's got the other one tucked up there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

I guess her name is Eileen :-) and it only takes her 1/2 the time to put her shoes on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Those are Spranger wheels. I have a bunch of them hanging on the wall of my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Cool car and she doesn't look happy. Maybe she knew she still had to split wood. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

She's pretty much got low/high and possibly reverse taken care of. I hope that hand brake is adjusted properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

I don't mean to be crude by calling out this ladies issues but, it looks to me like her left hand may be deformed. That being said, stepping on the starter would be difficult and cranking with her left hand would be tough too. Do you suppose she's just standing there waiting for someone to either bring her a conveyance to the house or she's waiting for a driver to take her somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Her left hand is fine. The thumb is next to her body and only part of it can be seen. The index and middle fingers are bent at the joints in a normal manner and the other two fingers are hidden. Her right leg from the knee is on the running board. Just a pose for the picture. She is fine and would be able to crank or use the starter, and brake. You can see the shadow of her right shoe.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

No Norman, I don't agree. I'm not saying your wrong. But by agreeing I'll destroy the bull crap story I was going to make-up that would cause us all to look at this mysterious beauty in a different light. I'd already started the cast of characters including a young, barnstorming Charles Lindbergh, Warren G Harding before 1918, World War One and the South of France and Sergeant Adolph Hitler. But instead she's become some farm girl from Wisconsin that died in her forties from food poisoning.

Did I mention, the original story was going to include a walk-on cameo by none other than Corporal Alvin York.

To think what might have been.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Mike,

I'll wait for the movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Tim,

Thanks for the I.D. on the wheels. Wish I could say I've got a few "hanging around"!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration