Help me find my Dad's Depot Hack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help me find my Dad's Depot Hack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Harrington--Lowcountry SC on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:40 am:

My Dad was trained as a cabinet maker in the late 30’s. In the 60’s he started restoring Model T’s. In the 70’s or 80’s he built a Depot Hack from plans he drew based on others he had seen. I have those plans and would love to have the car he built to share with his grandsons. I recall he said there was a plate on the firewall “Body by Harrington” He was especially proud of the double curved roof. The car was last in NJ.
In 1998, he gave his 1921 Touring car to me and my husband. We have done many tours with it and have been active in the South Carolina MTFC. We just completed an overhaul / re-restoration of that car.
There are 2 grandsons interested in the car we have. I would like to be able to give each of them a car from Pop. Can you help me find his car? Thanks
finishedbuilding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Hi Susan, The Depot Hack looks like a '15 judging by the brass on the lights, etc. It would help if you know the engine number to help identify it?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Very nice Depot Hack. Beautiful wood work, something to be very proud of. I wish you the best of luck with your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Hi Susan. Good luck with finding your fathers Hack and I hope you do. FWIW, my wife and I were members of the SCMTFCA. Great folks. Dick Chambers came to our house in Aiken to give a tutorial :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

That one should be easy to find, it's outstanding. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration