OT-What is this tool?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-What is this tool?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

does anyone have an idea what this tool is? It is marked "Armstrong" and No. 18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

That is a boring bar wrench for a lathe. The bit or tool lies in the notches when you tighten it. The hex hole would be for the boring bar holder nut. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

THANKS!!

I guessed I would get an answer on here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

And the wooden thingee below it is called a " ruler ".

That one looks to be 12 inches long.

I have vivid memories of both wooden rulers & yardsticks as I received several applications of both to my open palms
as a young lad attending Most Holy Trinity Catholic School by several nuns who were teachers .....:-(

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Open palms! We got the steel edge across our knuckles at St.Mary's. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry P on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Yes, I remember well! Seems there was a progression of punishment. It went from but maybe not always in this order. Maybe depended on the mood of the nun. Flat ruler/flat yardstick, edge ruler/edge yardstick. Our nuns had a wooden clacker thing, which were two wooden blocks on a hinge to connect them. That made for a very memorable lesson when delivered to the knuckles. Force again depending on mood! Lastly was the beaver tail strap only used by sister Superior. All punishment ie. force, number of strikes, length of detention, etc., depended on mood and of course severity of infraction. The good ole days! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:14 am:

I am sure PMS had something to do with the severity of the punishment on any given day. Must have been hell when the Nun's cycled on the same week!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:27 am:

My mother is a teacher and it's stressful now because kids know that they don't have to mind. She gets mad at my grandma because she always tells her "I don't know why you are always tired, you are a teacher. Y'all don't do anything, just sit at a desk and get up every once in a while to hit a kid on the hand with a ruler."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Trouble with society today is lack of Discipline.

Maybe not with a ruler, but rules are important for society to exist...no discipline and a "prize" or reward for participating - regardless of performance has led us to where we are today.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Jay, if the Nuns bicycles were taken off them, they couldn't have cycled on the same week then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

I think Jeff Dunhams buddy, Walter, might could tell us about being ran over by 1 of those cycles. Said you can hear it coming towards you. NAAAGGG<naaaaaaaaagggg<naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg> :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration