NH patent Plate rivets too small

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: NH patent Plate rivets too small
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

After cleaning my Holley NH carburetor by soaking in lacquer thinner, the old patent plate needed to be replaced, so I removed it and carefully drilled out the old copper rivets to replace with a new patent plate and rivets I purchased from Snyder's. The new rivets are much smaller than the diameter of the original rivets and are too small for the holes. What do you do to get the new rivets to hold? I was thinking about flattening the rivet shanks, slightly, to make the rivets oblong so they would at least hold onto a portion of the ID of the hole. Is this a feasible solution? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

a tiny dollop of JB Weld in the holes or get bigger rivets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Put a dap of JB Weld in the holes and push in the rivets. It will be there from now on and then some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Thank you. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration