OT problems with Wheel Vintiques

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT problems with Wheel Vintiques
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Early December working on a friends car and part of the upgrade included proper fitting wheels. Unfortunatly with his non stock read end something with a special order back spacing was required. After talking on the phone I was assured it was no problem although being a special order it would take 4-6 weeks. Fast forward to this week.

I have called a few times to get an update as to what the status is since I have not heard from them. Over the phone they are unable to give an update and deliver the information via email as follows.

"Chad,
I found out that at this time we donít have the outers for the wheels.
The ETA for the wheels is unknown at this time.
Would you like for me to finish the process on the order."

After talking with them on the phone today thay have no advice on what to do considering I had already purchased the other 2 wheels. I did ask them if they intended to notify me as to the fact that they had no ETA had I not called. The answer was no they would not have notified me.

Am I out of line in believing that it is wrong to promise 4-6 weeks and at 8 weeks only respond when asked that there is no estimate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Well, I guess I would be frustrated, but they're not soooo late from their initial estimate. As to there being no further ETA, I guess you could say they're at least be being honest. They could have lied to you...

I guess I would ask them to help me understand what's holding up the process.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration