Speedster for James Keller

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedster for James Keller
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Last year the whole forum tried to come together to get a speedster project from Mike Bender over to the east coast for a young man James Keller. Whatever happened with this? Did the car make it to James?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Seth, late last year there was an update posted by James. I do not think at that time the speedster had been completed. He was going to be in touch with Mr. Bender who I think was spearheading the project. I'll take a free speedster if anyone is offering :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Ha! You and me both. I tried google first and hunted through 2016 forum a bit. Just figured it'd be easier to ask and see if someone knew. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 08:09 am:

Seth, Last I heard Mike still had a few things to do on the engine. I believe it is still in progress, and most of the things needed were acquired. Maybe Mike will chime in with a update and let us know if anything else is needed..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

Kind of turn into a nightmare, I wanted to look at the freshly rebuilt engine as I knew who did it and it was junk. Nothing was correct but it did have a nice coat of paint on it. Cylinder bores were bad, crank was cracked, valves were loose in the guides, cracked reverse drum, oh well you get the idea.

In the process of a complete engine/transmission build but it is taking sometime to get the work done as I have a shop full of engines to get finished by spring so I can only work on it when I have a free day or so. Be patient James,

I do want to thank those who have gave me a lot of stuff to send to James so he will be able to have a good chassis After I get the engine finished he will have a strong running engine also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 09:37 am:

" .... Cylinder bores were bad, crank was cracked, valves were loose in the
guides, cracked reverse drum, oh well you get the idea."

===========================

So, what you are saying is everything was pretty much normal ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Somehow I missed this thread when it first came around...
It appears that Mike has given you guys as much of an update as I can.

I second the thanks that he expressed to those who donated parts. Your names will be on the cowl when it is completed.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Is there anything you still need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Ned,
I think the main things I am in need of now are body components:

-Radiator cowl
-Rough or modifiable firewall/cowl with tank
-A pair of big headlights (late model electric stock ones are good) from a similar era car
-A few older taillights (don't have to be T but need to be electric)
-A windshield that isn't nice enough to use on a car but can be cut down and used on a speedster (preferably 26-27 profile bottom)
-A pair of Rocky Mountain brakes or other accessory brakes in useable condition
-Horn
-Any old aviation pieces that could be sacrificed/used on the car
-Old leather belts, old scraps of canvas, burlap, leather, etc

Mike Walker had a pair of 36 ford headlights that I could have, although I'm not sure if they were able to be put on a correct car.

Dennis Plank had a pair of seats he wasn't using, but shipping was prohibitive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Let me see if I have anything you need. Do you know anyone near you that is going to Chickasha? I could give them to that person to save on shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

James - I believe those are '35 Ford headlights, and they are in the stash of parts for you at Howell's car barn in Russellville, AR. I thought all that stuff was going to be deliverred to you long before now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

I had no idea there was a stash of parts anywhere at all.
I'll be sure to update you guys as things progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

James, you are to be congratulated for your perserverence an patience on this project, hope you are able to access the "stash" and post some progress soon! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

We are all waiting for updates and photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:28 am:

To those who have not seen, Bill Everett has begun to gather and consolidate parts in this thread:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/742239.html?1491316012

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration