Speedster Seat Information Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedster Seat Information Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

I would like to know how to support or beef up the metal seat skins for a speedster. Also, why do they put the seat at a slanting angle towards the rear. Has anyone put wood on the inside similar to a roadster or touring back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

A vertical seat back is killer on your back and butt after any significant driving time. Most seats, speedster or any car have the seat somewhat lower in the back than the front and the top of the back tilted to the rear. When building my car I spent a good amount of time playing with heights, depth (front to rear) and angles for both the seat and the seat back. Although the foam is starting to deteriorate on my car I've been comfortable with all day tour driving of 200 to 250 miles without having back issues. Take a good look at a variety of semi modern to modern vehicles and check out what fits for comfort and support. Of course if the car will only go out for pie or ice cream or a quick 1/4 mile, comfort isn't really an issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Thanks Walt, I bought these seat skins from Langs which I think came from Rootlieb. The problem I have is that the metal needs beefed up or supported in some manner, The sides bend when trying to get in. I am still in the set up stage with my project. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

This is how I framed my Yellow Speedster. It has worked well since 1975.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

That is some great looking work, Richard! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Thanks Richard that is what I was looking for. Nice seats. Sam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration