Kindergarten Model T lesson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Kindergarten Model T lesson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Last week my son's Kindergarten class was learning the differences between things from "then and now".

I asked his teacher if she would like me to drive my Model T to school so the students could see a car from "then"

I highly recommend that if you ever have an opportunity to share your T with a group of young kids to jump at the chance! This had to be the most fun I have had with my T yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

I worked in public education my entire working life. Anytime I felt a little down and out a visit to kindergarten would set me right in no time. They're great and all the better for getting to see the "then" car!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:13 am:

Ed,

That is good way to start the day!

Thanks,

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:01 am:

DAMN, Some guys have all the luck....

GREAT Post BTW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:11 am:

Fantastic Ed! Good on ya. Hope to do that myself some day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:33 am:

We used to bring several Model A's and T's over to the High School when the 8th grade class was doing pre-WWII history to show the cars. The kids were great and well behaved, the teachers too. Was the highlight of our year. Unfortunately, they changed the curriculum so that period happens during January/February so had to stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Great job, Ed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Great job, Ed!

At the elementary school where I work, we celebrate the 100th day of school. In 2015 it was decided that the staff would dress as if we were 100 years old. So I dressed up and brought a 100 year old car. Here I am with the attendance secretary:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I was very impressed with all of the questions the kids asked. It was nice that my T behaved itself. I demonstrated how to crank start a Model T and it started on the first pull for all four classes! In the past it tends to get a little stage fright when an audience is present. (Or maybe it's me!)

Fortunately it's only about a 5 minute ride to the school and it has been pretty mild lately.

If it was much colder I might have asked his teacher if she could have a lesson review in June!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration