Old Photo - Model T Era Oil Gusher, Maricopa, Califunny

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Oil Gusher, Maricopa, Califunny
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:26 am:

If you want to make a devout Sierra Club Supporter twitch like a flounder out of water, show them this photo then stand back and watch the show!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

At least you didnt have to spray for frogs and birds!
Burger is a bad influence .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Looks like it blew the derrick right off the foundation. I had a small leak at an oil well once and it's a real pain to clean up crude. I had a neighbors well blow a line as I was driving past so I grabbed a wrench out of my truck and went running to the well to shut the line down and by the time I got it shut down I was covered in a thick coating of crude, called the fellow who owned the well and he rushed over with a clean up crew. Then gave me a ride home in the back of his truck so I could get cleaned up. Burnt the clothes, boots, and took quite a bit of scrubbing with diesel and kerosene to get me cleaned up enough to go take a shower.
Can we say EPA boys and girls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

With the amount of destruction i wonder if anyone was killed.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Largest oil spill in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeview_Gusher

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

So that is the timber containment box pulled over with heavy cables that was soon destroyed by the pressure of the oil ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Thanks for the link Chris!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration