Old Photo - Car load of Women In Climax!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Car load of Women In Climax!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:40 am:

If there is a joke here, you guys will point it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:43 am:

What do you suppose made them decide to live there? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Lance:

It's not quite right for the joke.

The car should have a Fertile flag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Maybe there's a simple answer to this:

The car looks like a '12. Nice shiny brass, nice shiny paint. Car looks pretty new. But black tires ? I thought black tires came later.

Also, note rope wrapped around rear tires. Looks like a nice warm day. Where's the snow ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:51 am:

This is indeed .... a rare find.

One of the first print campaign images for " Climax Control ".

" Proximity Prevents Procreaction " and as you can see these fine Ladies are at a safe distance from the Gentlemen seated.

Additionally they are poised to mobilize at a moments notice should the gap narrow ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

I believe that they also wrapped rope around the tires for very muddy roads to help with traction but that car is too clean to have been on a muddy road so perhaps they're just getting ready for a muddy road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

The Tires may be muddy and that's why they look black if they are black they are splotchy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Hi Lance,

Actually, they are on their way to Climax (MN) having just been through Intercourse (PA).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

I wonder if any of them have ever laughed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Unmoved by their gentlemen, the women have taken up position in the orgasmobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Someone recently posted a picture of tires that were manufactured with ribs that look like these rear tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Looks like a bunch of guys in back waiting their turn, and a few of the Old fols on the other porch that are "not going to have anything to do with that darned velocipede !!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Bill Harper:

The long-running joke here in Minnesota is "Fertile woman killed in car accident while approaching Climax" and variations thereof such as newspaper headlines that read "Fertile Woman Dies In Climax," etc.

Fertile is about 35 miles east of Climax.

(On a side note, my grandmother moved to Fertile, MN after she remarried.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Judging by the population signs, it looks to me like there is a 3.34:1 ratio of those who can and those who do.

However, judging by the photo it looks like a carload of disappointment and unmet expectations...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

"The Ford will convey you to Climax, but it won't bring you to climax."

Or will it..........?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Well, the Ford is pretty reliable. Maybe they are on a really long trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

They all look a little passed off to me. Neat car. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Pergande, Essexville MI on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

If I came across these women, I would go the other way. They all look like they have an attitude to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

About 20 years ago I picked 2 different piles near Climax,1 had what was left of a 12 body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

If the front license plate was legible, I could tell you who owned the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Discussion between the men...
"How many women does it take to drive a "T"?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

Those do look like ribbed tires. I guess ribbed rubbers give you more traction on your way to Climax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Maybe it had a really good vibration from a unbalanced transmission

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 12:37 am:

This thread should be retitled "Dirty Old Men Comments". :-)

I am more interested in the single wire telephone drop. This ground return
system was obsolete in 1890 and only persisted on private lines and really
rural Mom-n-Pop independent exchanges. The sound on the line was like
talking to someone in a well.

Great photo ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 10:43 am:

"About time you showed up! Danged if you all ain't the sorriest pack o' hound-dogs that ever was! We was just gettin' ready to take the Ford and go out lookin' for you. Land o' Goshen, dinner's been ready an hour and we're all half starved! Now get in there and wash up before we skin you alive!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:49 am:

The banner is misleading. None of those women have ever been to climax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

I think the banner says "Climax Minimum". Not the destination they hoped for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

You have to be careful when traveling in PA

A wrong turn and you could meet yourself!

If your desire to get to paradise is too strong you might panic.

And if you spend too much time here -

You could end up in This place.

Stay away from Pennsylvania --

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Somewhere on our way to Great Bend in Kansas for a National Tour we came across two signs pointing to Liberal and Hooker!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

I like the wedding announcement in the newspaper a few year ago. "Peculiar (MO) man marries Normal (IL) woman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Found the post Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Those women don't look that happy to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 07:54 am:

They're not happy because they stopped to get directions but, none of the men there would help them reach Climax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:10 am:

I have been awaiting the Climax of this discussion. };(
Thanks guys
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

In our local paper there was the announcement " torrance baker dies at 69".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Plenty of incentive to make it past 70 right there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

OK, favorite "clean" dirty joke;
Couple meets working a large Chinese Restaurant. After an appropriately long courtship, they marry.
On the Wedding night the new groom says, "I'm kinda new to this, what would you like to do?"
The Bride thinks a moment and says, I'd like to try 69."
The groom says, "Why do you want broccoli beef with chow mien right now?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

That should read: Brockree beef riss snow pea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:32 am:

I miss Jay Leno's "Headlines" when he was on the Tonight Show. There were some classics on there. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration