Wichita Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wichita Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

The Wichita Sunflower Swap Meet starts tomorrow, Feb. 3 and runs thru Saturday, Feb. 4. It is at the Kansas Coliseum and Hartman Arena north of Wichita. It has been a huge meet in the past. (Not a pre-WWII meet.) There are usually T parts there. I won't have a stall this year but will be helping with the HCCA booth. They will have a Jones car on display. Built in Wichita by J.J. Jones, an early Model T dealer in the area. I would invite any members on this forum to stop by our HCCA booth to say hello.
Verne Shirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Thanks for the invitation! I will stop by. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Hope to be there Saturday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

The two cars made in Kansas were Smith and Jones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

There were actually dozens of car companies in Kansas. There are cars existing from (at least) Smith, Jones, Sellers, Veracity and Stafford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

How could I forget the Cloughley?!? I believe there is at least one of them left as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bender on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

I'll be seeing you there Verne!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Some Swap Meet set-up day photos for your viewing pleasure...

Model T Speedster Body
1926-7 Model T Coupe Body
1919 Wichita built Jones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

Thanks for all of your responses. I'll see you all there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:47 am:

Your meet sounds like a good time, too bad it's so far away from home...

A few years ago I had been showing off a Model T era hood ornament from the Price Automobile dealership of Wichita that stirred unintended interest from the forum. I'm not going to part with mine, but someone has the identical ornament on TBay now with a pretty hefty price tag. If you search for "PRICE AUTO SERVICE" you should find it.

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to show off your finds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Mark,
I've seen a few of the Price Auto Service ornaments around here. In fact, I saw one of the Price boys at the swap meet today. The Price Ford dealer started here in 1916. Thanks for noting the posting on Tbay!
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

BTW, that T speedster body pictured above is beginning to rust from all of the folks drooling over it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Verne, you over at Hartman?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Jerome,
No, I'm in the Pavillion I just north of the office with the Jones car.
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Two buildings that have always been used were closed, and part of the meet was across the interstate in Hartman Arena.

These aren't 5Z-204, but they're the right size. $4 each.

NOS Model T size plugs, $3.50 each.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration