Need ID license plate bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need ID license plate bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Purchased a tail light from a forum member to use on my WWI project and I'm going with two lights on two brackets, so I don't need the license plate bracket that came with his light.
But I can't find an image exactly like this one to ID it and list it for sale.
Seems a 15/19 roadster is close to the actual bracket, but the light mount on the plate strap is not the same. Looks like mine might be a little twisted out shape as well.

Is this Model T? And, if so, what year and modell so I can list it properly. A $25 item?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

If its a T bracket it would have a T Number on it beginning with a T I believe. I have a T license plate bracket for the years you mentioned and there is a T no. on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Well, that sent me out to the wire wheel. Ford script on the inside of the flat bar, but no numbers that I can find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

I seem to recall seeing this license holder described as for the 24-25 roadster and coupe without spare tire holder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

It sure looks close to the Lang's photo of the 15/19 roadster bracket, except the ring where the oil lamp mounts is different. But in the same position, only stamped into the flat bar, not a larger ring.

What'cha think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Probably (guessing here) the bracket used for the very late "Bare bones" non-electric cars with the non-demountable steel fellow wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Good guess David - the steel stamped brackets appeared later in production - I have the "Touring" version in my swap meet bin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:21 am:

OK, I'll go list it on the classified section under your suggestions and we'll see what sticks.

Thanks to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Looks like the one from the Ford catalogue, P/N 3660-C, shown on page 156 of the:
MODEL T FORD COMPREHENSIVE PARTS CATALOG in the Model T Encyclopedia
I wasn't able to copy the picture for posting here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

This one has been on my '18 for a long time.
I pulled the plate for the pic.

bracket

Correct bracket? I don't know.
The one you have might be slightly twisted.
I think of myself as slightly twisted. Duane smiles big.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration