Need to Find a Front "Junk-Wheel"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need to Find a Front "Junk-Wheel"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

I need to buy a very used—and therefore non-expensive—"junk-wheel" (ball-bearing hub type) just to hold up one of my '15 Touring's front corners while I send my original wheel out to Stutzman's Wheel Shop for rebuilding. _Does anybody know which dealers might carry such a used part?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Can't you just cut a disk out of plywood and cram it on the spindle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

If your not going to move the car around just put a jack stand under it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

My guess is that while it's easy to find such a wheel, it will be so far from Commack that the cost of shipping will cancel out the "non-expensive" part. Unless you have to move the car, John has your answer. If you do need to move it, I would start with the closest dealer (Lang's?). Most of the dealers have used parts that aren't listed in their catalogues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

bob shoot me an email I have several if you don't mind the ride up here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

Buy one of those car wheel dollies and use either a jack stand or wood or a cinder block to reach the appropriate height. Harbor Freight sells them individually & cheap.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration