Cowl questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cowl questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

If you have pictures to share, I would like to see them. I understand that the 26/27 cowls have the gas tanks in them. I know the gas tank is 1 separate unit. Is the cowl one piece or multiple pieces. I have been told there are "tops" of cowls and I don't understand. I have a '23 coupe and my cowl is one piece with a air vent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Scott

The '26-'27 open cars and closed other than the Fordor don't have a wood frame that uses mulitiple body panels.

The cowl is part of the body, but the firewall is a separate piece, and it is spot welded to the body.

Note how the firewall is inset into the body.

Junk body with patch panels for a rat rod, but shows the inner parts of the subframe where the body cowl is spot welded to the subframe uprights.

Coupe built the same way, but likely the door rail is another piece, note the bolt and clamp fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Thank you Dan. That is exactly what I needed to see.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration