Nice NOS racing plug on ebay (use only with Dubats or EE crank)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Nice NOS racing plug on ebay (use only with Dubats or EE crank)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401269581292?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

I have 1 of those,along with this American Bosch.

The American Bosch has a race car driver face on in it. tiny but you may can see it in the pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 12:38 am:

Mack, nice plugs though it seems that they've been cleaned up thus removing their original paint. V-ray had a black painted body which you can see in the photo above plus it's mentioned in this ad:

The American Bosch plugs that I've seen had a red painted body, which matched the "Red Devil" figure in the ads.

Interesting article about American Bosch here:

http://blog.bosch.com/history/en/2016/11/07/bosch-in-the-u-s/

The company was expropriated by the US government twice! In 1918 and 1945.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 08:36 am:

I have had these plugs for a long time.Don't even remember where they came from. They also fit Maytag washing machine engines and my Fairbanks Morse hit and miss engine, so that is another reason I gather them. I have alot of other peculiar plugs but if you study the subject there must have been a million+ different types as everyone had a brighter idea.
The funny thing is, with all those electrodes, the spark is still going to take the shortest route to ground.So probably only 1 gets used in combustion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

I'm always interested in topics related to Spark Plugs. As a long-time collector of early plugs it never ceases to amaze me how many small shoe-box collections will contain something nobody has ever seen before. Mack, would love to see some photos of a few of your more unusual plugs, or perhaps a list of the names. Here are a few Model T Ford specialty plugs from my collection.

Oh, the Stewart V-ray plug is not especially rare, nice to see it NOS in the box. It isn't really a special racing plug though, just another one of the hundreds of different plugs made over the years. The 1/2" pipe thread fits quite a variety of different vehicles.
Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration